Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"BLEEEEEEEEEEH!

Pulling my hair out of the 80's looking scrunchy, I was shocked. I had this huge,frizzy mane of hair. It just keeps tumbling out. Larger and larger it grows. Where did all this hair come from? Maybe some gel would bring out the curl and tame the frizz? I desperately try flattening it with the palms of my hands. It was noisy outside of the bathroom I was in. I asked myself while looking in the mirror "How am I going to make my presentation like this?"

Then I hear it.......BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!! silence....burp......rush of water. It sounded like the flood gates had opened. I awake from my dream, quickly toss my comforter aside and throw myself into reality, Gabe just vomited. It was 5:15 AM. SD (Super Daddy) and I rush into the room and there was Gabe looking whipped and having "after vomits" into his blankie that he is holding up to his mouth. (Eeeeeew) I try to grab the blankie, to replace with a towel, but his blanket seems to be even more revered with its barf kisses.


After changing sheets and getting a new blankie, I ask Gabe if he wants to go back to bed. (Please? Yaaaaaaaaawn.)
He responded with an obvious,"No."
Then he turns and starts down the stairs.
"Turn on the lights Gabe."
"Gabe?" He was already halfway down the stairs.
I got the big, purple chair ready with the usual comforter draped over it (Barf protector), little blankie and big blankie all ready to sooth. He actually laid down and watched cartoons for a little while.

About 5 hours later of playing and talking about Elmo, fish, blocks, puzzles, balls and frogs, Gabe is upstairs sleeping on his books he likes to read in bed. Boo is home and I am praying that he is better tomorrow and she breezes through this illness like she did the last. So far this month, Gabe has missed 5 days of ABA School at $109 per half day. I wish he didn't miss all that therapy, and the cost is just an added twist to the knife of circumstance.

All and all, I had an awesome day just with Gabe. Lots of hugs and kisses, tickles and giggles, mommy love all around.

A wonderful day indeed.