Monday, January 30, 2006

Inhale,Exhale,Inhale



As you know, Gabe's school is about 45 minutes to an hour away from from our house. On three of the five days, Boo goes to preschool and the other two days Boo and I bond. She has speech, we play board games, color, go to a gymnastics center for open gym time (very cool), have an "inside" picnic and run errands. I surprised myself by filling in the 3 hours Gabe is at school with not just "stuff", but quality time. I also promised myself to take 2 of the days and focus on myself and shopping with no money was not an option. It was challenging at first, because there isn't enough time to go home. I had to fill the time with fun things to do in an area that all I knew had to offer were really cool bars, antique stores and art galleries. It had been many years, not to mention BC (Before Children) that I hung out in that area. But, I managed to add exercise, at last!











I put this picture in for my blogger friends from NYC.
We went this past May with BOTH kids for a wedding.
Gabe loved to turn the air conditoning on and off in the taxis.
The taxi drivers did Not like it. lol
Central park is much bigger than I had imagined it would be.
This is a beautiful place to walk.


I miss exercising. I used to run and walk a few times a week in a park that was walking distance from my house. I not only miss it, but I need it. Not in the "Oh, I need to loose weight." But, mentally I have to. It is the best way for me to relieve stress. Without it, I feel yucky, my pants are tight and I eat too much ice cream. I visit a mall nearby, before the stores open, turn my IPod up and walk as fast as I can for 40 minutes to an hour, 2x per week. I look crazy with my hips swinging wildly side to side, arms pumping, red face and hair blowing. I told SD that I swear there is a trail of sparks behind me when I walk. The faster I walk, the more animated, the louder the music, the better I feel when done. If I am feeling extra crazy. I get a lowfat caramel frappuccino when I finish. Ooooooooooh! I'm sooooooo crazy! lol

Now, what have you done for yourself lately?