Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Is there a world outside the "Big A"? And can I get a drink there?

I feel a little out of sorts (as if you could'nt tell by my last blog.) It's hard to see the look of desperation in the eyes of the wonderful moms and children that are at Gabe's school. Every month a new group of two children leave (3 groups of two are rotated at a time), after 12 weeks of training in ABA, play, motor and group. The parent is trained and is given further support afterwards through two meetings a month. We are all wondering about what kind of "support" if any we will have after we "graduate" from this program. I know I am. Tuition was very, very expensive and for most of us, our only shot. I guess it kind've tipped me over the edge yesterday. Two moms graduated 2 weeks ago that I knew and 2 more are soon to go also. Tomorrow seems so scary to me now. I take nothing for granted anymore. I wish this intensive and whole child learning could continue at least until he is 5 years old. Most intensive the first 5 years of life they say. Gabe is now almost 2 1/2, I have 2 1/2 more years to go. That's good and bad. Maybe we'll luck out again and win the lotto or receive a scholarship. Who knows..... I'm rambling now...

I also am fraught with angst over not having any pictures to post, because they are all on the other computer that is on the cahoots. Thank god for the lap top, atleast I can blog. Nonetheless, being a visual person, I miss the way a picture pulls you into the lives of the people you are reading about. Oh well....hopefully the geek squad at Best Buy can retrieve everything off our hard drive.

Today seems like it was not very eventful. The only thing cool that happened, that isn't about the big "A" or my children, is XM radio's station, The Loft. Very cool this morning. Suzanne Vega (not her hits, but other great goodies), Fleetwood Mack, Hmmmmm, what else? I just know my toe was tapping and I wasn't listening to the Toy Story soundtrack. Gabe seemed Ok with it too. I need a stiff drink or a night on the town, I just read my entry........when was the last time I got out????????