Sunday, October 09, 2005

The good things in life



Yesterday, while my daughter was being a beautiful ballerina at dance class, my son and I set off on a detoured ride to Costco. We took the long way on the dirt roads, dodging potholes and letting our voices bounce to the bumps. Half way there, I set my XM radio to Frank's Place, Gabe and I were off on a magnificant ride through the sugar maples. Life could'nt get any better. Or could it?

Well, it did in so many ways that day. Gabe ended up falling asleep. His hand was firmly holding onto his sandwhich bag of popcorn. He cracks me up. You'd think he was holding onto a bag of gold! Anyway, we landed in civilization, ie the "mall area". You can clearly notice this by the parting of the trees and the abundance of burning bushes.

Costco, God's gift to those of us who swear that we really could use a 3lbs bag of dinosaur chicken nuggets along with Tommy Hilfiger dress pants at half the price. But, the BEST thing about Costco is by all accounts their buttered pretzel. It comes dripping in butter, all doughy and larger than a man's hand. OOOHHHHH...it's SOOOO GOOD! All for a mere $1.01. So, a fountain diet soda is a must alond side it. Gabe had his almond crackers and watered down juice, and I had my cholesteral special. Life was great. We picked up a few small Christmas gifts (Cold weather =Christmas shopping) and back home through the trees with Frank we went. Glorious.

Did I mention that my son ran up to me saying "Mommy"? He did. He truly did. Will it be a one time deal? Who knows. But, I took it with a teary smile and deep warmness in my heart that only your children can give you. Yesterday was a beautiful day.