Monday, August 22, 2005

Fashion Victim


I can't seem to get enough of pictures. Thank God for digital cameras!!! Here my son is being the victim, yet again, of a mother and daughter fashion attack one rainy day. Isn't he cute? He is wearing a Pill Box hat I used to wear in my teens when I went through my Gothic/Retro period. I think he was almost one here. I looked everywhere for the picture of Gabe wearing a very flowery and full tutu. I could've just squeezed him he was so cute. I asked SD where the pic went and he swears that he doesn't know. Sounds suspicious to me.This is what happens when you are surrounded by two girls that have a bunch of cool clothes, but don't want to dress up themselves.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about how great Gabe is coming along in his speech. He is adding words like crazy and seems to be mimicking/repeating two word phrases that we say. Now, I know that can be good and bad, but when your son hasn't ever talked, we'll take what we can get. He uses these phrases without prompting too and in appropriate situations. Don't I sound like I've read just about enough on language development. (lol) Those phrases are "All Done", "Good Job", and "More Eat". These phrases sound more like "AAAAA..Done", "Goooo...Job" and "MO..EEEE". He also is adding beginning sounds to some new words and is learning quickly sounds that animals make. We went to a dairy farm today with some friends and he kept saying moo to all the cows. He even fed one!

Well, my husband and I are about to watch another episode of season two of Survivor. So, I wanted to leave you with these pictures. If you have read my blog post "Gabe's Quest For The Four Seasons," This is yet another spot in his room that he finds very comfortable.