Friday, August 12, 2005

Catching A Glimpse


Lately I have been really preoccupied with Gabe and his speech, OK, also his eating too. OK, basically EVERYTHING about Gabe. I'm running around in circles. Is he better? Have I heard that word before? Is that my own tail I'm chasing? It's crazy. I feel crazy. I realized how crazy I was becoming when I asked my husband for the hundredth time in the last few weeks what Gabe's poop looked like this morning. Isn't the definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?Is there a moment where you have to let go a little to just be sane? When can it just be morning without discussing the consistency of poop?Craziness.
In the midst of my craziness, my son jumps on my lap and zerberts my arm. Not once, but numerous times. He laughs and tries to initiate a tickle fight or playful wrestle. I laugh too and it hits me. I have been so caught up with his verbal development that I completely missed the fact that he really is close to his age in social development. He has moments where he has some poor eye contact, but he really reaches out to play and interact with people. What a HUGE milestone! Where have I been? Thank God I didn't miss it.
My thought for today is to remember to keep my eyes open enough to see the light through the trees.