Tuesday, March 27, 2007

OK, Let me just explain....

Last night, SD turned to me and said with an eyebrow raised, "Autism for Dummies?"
He was looking over my Books I had read on Autism over in my side bar of my blog.
"Do they really have a book for Dummies about Autism?"
"Yes. " I pause, embarrassed by such a title and the fact that it is indeed a part of my cherished library at home. "But let me explain..." I stop what I am doing in the kitchen and look through the window that opens to where SD is sitting on the couch, lap top in hand.
"The reason I bought that book, although extremely difficult as it was with such a title, was due to the fact that it had a few very informative chapters on government assistance, agencies and support groups." I explained with conviction that I had indeed made an appropriate purchase.
SD smiled at me, then replied,"I just thought it was funny that they had one about Autism, that's all. The For Dummies books can be very helpful."

Oh.