Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Did I say that?

Ok....here goes......I called someone on the phone from the insurance company an asshole. I know...I know...I know. Should I get the noose for myself now? I'm sure that's a HUGE red mark on our file. It reads...Beware.... Irate and uneducated mother. Worse yet, it will be on my son's file. They can be so damn cold. I swear that they would claim no coverage if Santa got in a sleigh accident with one of his reindeer. Who the hell trains these people? Retired Nazi's?

Alright......Here's how it went in a nutshell. I have called numerous times with diagnosis codes, any code and all codes that I needed...I had codes for everything. (sounds like Dr. Suess) Blue codes, red codes, green codes, upside down codes, rightside up codes, nodes like codes. Anyhoo.... I do this, because many doctors that provide services for Autism in our area are highly qualified and degreed, however choose to be out of network. (Fun for us, but understandable) So I would give these codes and find out, yes it's only covered 50% of the ALLOWABLE amount. (Gotta love that) Most of the time, I was given the allowable amount, albeit miniscule.(Like $50 out of $175) It's very helpful in budgeting what we can plan for for Gabe. Today, I was given the 3rd degree about how I should not be receiving that information and who did I talk to. This is after 9 months of getting this info. Did they honestly believe I was going to rat out my source????? They probably figured it out now. So, on and on we go back and forth about this amount that they seem to determine after deciding if you deserve it. On top of that, they will not tell me how much I will be receiving through this mysterious "allowable amount", that's between the doctor and them. That says a lot right there. The conversation was mixed with tears and frustration, lying and deception on their part and an unbenounced asshole slipping out of my lips. It escaped when they wanted to put me on hold AGAIN and transfer me to the even colder auditor. Asshole I guess that was my way today of saying "No thank you".