Sunday, April 09, 2006

What's been happening around here....

My Birthday






A couple weeks ago, I had a beautiful day spending time doing things I wanted (watching Sex and the City reruns while Gabe slept and Boo was at preschool, shopping at the Gap with my B-Day gift card and munching on candy). I had a few wonderful hours to myself on my birthday. Then a fabulous dinner at home with my family,surrounded by streamers, wearing a glittery crown topped with the number 21, ending with an ice cream cake...YUM.

Gabe and Hide and Seek

SD loves to play hide and seek with Boo and Gabe. What's hilarious, is that they always seem to pick the same place to hide. For awhile it was behind the playroom drapes, then under a blanket and now in the corner by the big, purple chair. Gabe wanted to hide over and over by the chair this morning while SD and Boo went to church. He kept saying "Hiding!" "Hiding!"

I would say, "Where's Gabe?"

"Hi Mommy!"as he burst through the pillows.

"Gabe! Say, Surprise!" I said enthusiastically.

He said it once. I think "Hi Mommy" sounds better anyway :o)

The Power of 3

I got him to come out and agree to play with the farm. He seemed interested at first, until I watched how he played with it. He began to take each part of the farm and put it together. The windmill on top, horse in stall, everything in it's place. He had the horse neigh when I pretended a pig was eating grass. All done he must have thought, because he then chose the three things that he wanted to carry around. They were an orange "coin" from his Leap Frog register, an orange ball and an orange Fisher-Price tiger. I found it intriguing that they were all orange and items from different toy groups. Normally, it would be 3 balls, 3 cars, 3 people, different colors.

This time same color, different items. Huh....