Monday, July 25, 2005

Boy, Can he Kick!


Oh, I sooo needed a picture like this on my blog to end this day. It was'nt a stressful day, but just REALLY boring. It is hot and humid here. Not as bad as when we were in Las Vegas a week ago (120 dry degrees on the Strip), but it does'nt make going outside all that appealing. It's hard to justify styling my hair in humidity like this. I end up looking like I slept in a tent the minute I open the garage door. My hair was made for dry fall weather, which I think happens for one week in October here. I'll post a picture when it happens. I almost do not recognize myself.
******
I ended up not taking Gabe to the doctors today, because quite frankly I am sick of going to the doctors. His poop firmed up today and he still did not have a temp or seem sluggish. I know our peditrician would call it a virus and send us home. I still think it is allergies, GERD and maybe a virus. The neighbor kids had temps this past weekend. Maybe caught from them? We are keeping a watchful eye out for changes. (I need to get out more!)
****
Gabe has also stopped accepting his favorite baby food, Heinz's Apples and Chicken. I think it is a combination or his will for Power and his GERD. He is always getting reflux in his mouth throughout the day. That I think would turn anyone off of eating. What's funny in a strange way is that he will still eat bran cereal, whole wheat crackers and pretzels???? We keep a food journal and it is the same everyday, except for the few weeks here and there where he stops accepting baby food even if we have him feed himself. So, he will go days eating cereal, watered down juice and milk. We have tried everything. AND he is also physically fine in his digestion. ??????? I'm clueless on what to do next.
*****
So, Gabe's diaper rash cleared up today, but boy can he kick! He is a little over 3 feet tall and 36 pounds at 2 years old and he is strong. His favorite thing now is to kick at me when it is time to change him. I've tried numerous wrestling moves, but he still manages to scoot away from me on his butt. I have to pretend to eat his feet in order to quickly wrap a diaper around him. Thank god he is showing interest in his little potty. I better start lifting weights.
****
My husband and I, I'll call him SD for "Super Daddy" 'cause he's great, are watching the first season of Survivor on OLN every night through the week. We look forward to watching it and we are guaranteed to spend one hour an evening together doing something we both like. SD and I are two very different people in what we like doing for entertainment, so this just brings us back together. The first Survivor looks a bit cheesey and becomes a little redundant in explaining all the rituals each episode, but Richard Hatch cracks me up. I can't wait to see the second season. I believe SD and I started watching the third season consistantly when it first aired. I can't wait until the new fall shows start.
*****
I want to write a quick note about Gabe before I go, because his growth happens so slowly sometimes, that I miss the amazing subtleties. We have a doll house that I set up in their playroom on a table that has about six play people and furniture for each room. This is a great toy to model social interaction and use for floortime or any interactive play. Anyway, I came in from the other room and noticed that he has placed all six people in bed together and has a fisher price people giving each person a kiss before they go to bed. What's really cool is he was giving each kiss a sound with a "smack" of his lips. I came up and offered him a little blanket that goes on the bed and said "Oh Gabe. I think they may be cold." He took the blanket, put it on them and smiled. He smiled not at me at first, but at the people. I rubbed his belly and said "You are such a good daddy!" He beemed :O)
*****
Oh! UPDATE......Gabe's nuetraphils came back normal. He had a CBC about 3 weeks back and they came back low. So, we had another CBC done last week and now they are normal. His heavy metal screening came back good. All levels came back a little lower than normal, including Mercury. Does that mean we are talking strickly genetics now? And what does that mean? Sometimes the answers I seek cause only more questions and fear.
******