Monday, August 01, 2005

Gabe's quest for The Four Seasons



My favorite part of the day, is in the evening when I check on my two children sleeping. My daughter is normally surrounded by her My Little Ponies and Gabe, well....we always have to figure out where he is in his room. In the first picture, you'll notice that he has his matress on the floor. It is because he used to have this great Fire Truck bed that he loved, but after a few months of sleeping fine in it, he decided to lay UNDER it. Each night he would go and lay under it and wouldn't you know it, get stuck. This happened for a few days. Boy we hated to see that bed go. I sold it to a neighbor and had to put his mattress on the floor along with the clothes he loves to pull out of his drawers. Another sleeping habit that I have noticed is Gabe's need to search out an air vent in his room to sleep on. He's doing it in the picture above. I think that he likes the hum of the air. He also wraps his blankie around his head like a turban or scarf. He's always been a great sleeper, just sleeps in strange places. One night, we found him between his new bed and wall. There is just enough space for him to lay down. We have rails on both sides, so I do not think he fell out. We have moved him into a larger room with a bed , armoir and some room for some quiet toys to play with if he wakes up early. Everything in his room is bolted to the wall. He seems to be doing better. I put him in his bed when I go to bed at night and I think he stays there. Anyone else with children who love enclosed spaces or the hum of a vent? I find it endearing, other people I have metioned it to gave me a strange look. To me it's just Gabe.